St Giles Church
We have close links with the parish church of St Giles.
Rev. Andrew Knight, the vicar of St. Giles and St. Eata regularly visits school to lead assembly and in his role as a governor. His visits are a highlight for our children.
Rosalind Abbott, Lay Preacher from St Giles and the other members of the "Open the Book" team visit us once a month to bring a story from the Bible alive. This is the favourite assembly for many of our children.
As a school we regularly visit the church for key festivals including Easter, Harvest and Christmas and we are very grateful for the loving support that the team and parishioners at St Giles provide for our school.
- Enjoy our virtual celebration assembly today. You can even join in with the Mereside song
- Shropshire Council has developed a simple interactive online map to help families find the locations of the supermarkets across the county that accept the Government's free school meal vouchers. Click on the title of this news to access the link.
- The Year 6 Leavers Hoodie is now available to view and order on the School Shop Direct Website. Orders must be made by Friday 8th May, 2020. After this date the hoodie will be removed from their website & no further orders will be accepted.
- Please click on the title to find information on how to keep safe whilst online. This is even more important now our children are accessing the online environment for their remote learning and research.
- Click on the title for contact details of The Parenting Team. They offer advice on how to deal with tricky questions and situations and are a phone call away.
Latest School Events
- Whitsun Half Term Holiday25May2020
@ Mereside Academy
- Return to School01Jun2020
@ Mereside Academy
- Primary Schools' Shrewsbury Half Marathon06Jun2020
9:00 am - 11:00 am @ Shropshire County Showground
Some of our children will be running the final 1.1 mile to complete the Primary Schools' Challenge of running 13.1 miles for the Shrewsbury Half Marathon.