If you would like to volunteer help in school you will be very welcome. Your help with activities such as art and craft, cookery, games or sharing a story will be much appreciated by the children and staff. It will also add that little extra to the life of the school. We are always grateful for your time and enthusiasm in the classroom.
If you have a special skill to offer, or simply invaluable time and enthusiasm, please do let us know!I
Our Commitment to You
As one of our valued volunteers, we are committed to giving you the following:
- a friendly and supportive working environment;
- enthusiastic children;
- an opportunity to contribute to decisions about how volunteering in the school is managed;
- recognition for the work that you do and its impact on learning;
- a reference if you apply for paid work here or elsewhere.
Your Commitment to us
Please be aware that you will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check. If you are not known to the school we also ask that you provide two referees and attend an informal interview. You will also be required to attend child protection training.
We are well aware that your time and energies are given freely and willingly. Most volunteers work in school at a set time each week, and if you can commit to this for at least half a term, we would find this helpful. However, we do not insist that you commit to working for a fixed or indefinite period of time, or give notice when you wish to stop volunteering at Mereside. We do ask that you agree to and abide by the guidance found in the Volunteer Handbook, issued to you when you apply to volunteer.
We would also ask that you let us know if you have made an arrangement that you later find you cannot keep. Your work is valuable to the school and staff may have been counting on you to help with an activity. Just give us a call as soon as you know you cannot come.
As mentioned above anyone volunteering or undertaking work experience in our school will be required to undergo and enhanced DBS check and Child Protection training.
If at any time when working in the school you have concerns for the welfare or safety of a child please seek to share your concern as soon as possible with the Designated Safeguarding Lead or Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead.
Designated Safeguarding Lead is: Mrs Liz Holmes (headteacher)
Deputy Designated Safeguarding leads are: Mr Jason Gathercole, Mrs Ffion Carr and Mrs Rachel Harper
We appreciate the help that all our volunteers give in supporting the work of the school.
- All Welcome...
- All Welcome...
- Are you able to help run an after school club? From orienteering to origami, we want to hear from you....
- On Monday 15th November, children came to school in odd socks in support of Anti Bullying Week and also made some posters in class of `kind words’. We sold all of our `one kind word’ wrist bands and were able to donate the remaining £40.61 to the charity.
- Our next meeting will be held Monday 24th January at 7.45pm, this will be our AGM. Everyone is welcome to attend the virtual meeting. If you wish to join this meeting, please contact Sarah (PTA Chair) on 07972-724258 who will forward you the link.
Latest School Events
- Tempest Photography - individual and sibling photos03Oct2022
9:00 am - 1:00 pm @ Mereside Academy
- PTA Annual General Meeting (AGM)03Oct2022
7:30 pm - 8:30 pm @ The White Horse Pub, Welock Road
Please come along to meet the committee and see what we have fundraised over 2021/2022....We would love to see you!
- Welcome to EYFS presentation meeting04Oct2022
5:00 pm - 6:00 pm @ Mereside Academy
Mrs Harper is holding an information session at the school for parents and carers of reception pupils. The purpose of this session is to tell you more about the Reception year and to provide you with some insight into your child’s day at school.
- Year 6 Level 1 & 2 Bikeability Training10Oct2022
9:00 am - 13 oct, 2:00 pm @ Mereside Academy
- Belvidere Secondary School Open Morning (Year 6’s)11Oct2022
9:00 am - 10:00 am @ Belvidere Secondary School
A chance for Year 6 Students, parents and carers to view the secondary school. To book a time slot please contact the school