Choosing a school for your child is one of the biggest decisions you have to make as a parent. Visiting during the school day will help you make that decision allowing you get a feel for whether the atmosphere and way of working is one that would suit your child.
For parents of children starting school in Reception year we offer several dates in the Autumn term each year where parents can book to join a tour of the school. The dates are published on our website calendar. The tours will normally be led by the Head teacher or another Senior Leader who will be happy to answer any questions you have.
For children starting school in other year groups or if you can't make any of the advertised sessions for prospective Reception children's parents or if you would like a further visit having attended a group one we can arrange individual tours of the school. Please contact the school office.
If you would just like to speak to a parent who currently has a child at our school please contact the school office and they will endeavour to put you in touch with someone who can offer you a parents perspective of the school.
Parent/Carer Open Evenings for EYFS September 2022 Intake
Our Open Evenings will take place at 5.00pm on
- Tuesday 2nd November, 2021
- Thursday 11th November, 2021
- Monday 15th November. 2021
This is an opportunity for parents/carers of pre-school children, due to start school in September 2022, to visit the school. Visits must be pre-booked.
Please contact the school office by phone: 01743 356283 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org to book a place.
- All Welcome...
- All Welcome...
- Are you able to help run an after school club? From orienteering to origami, we want to hear from you....
- On Monday 15th November, children came to school in odd socks in support of Anti Bullying Week and also made some posters in class of `kind words’. We sold all of our `one kind word’ wrist bands and were able to donate the remaining £40.61 to the charity.
- Our next meeting will be held Monday 24th January at 7.45pm, this will be our AGM. Everyone is welcome to attend the virtual meeting. If you wish to join this meeting, please contact Sarah (PTA Chair) on 07972-724258 who will forward you the link.
Latest School Events
- Tempest Photography - individual and sibling photos03Oct2022
9:00 am - 1:00 pm @ Mereside Academy
- PTA Annual General Meeting (AGM)03Oct2022
7:30 pm - 8:30 pm @ The White Horse Pub, Welock Road
Please come along to meet the committee and see what we have fundraised over 2021/2022....We would love to see you!
- Welcome to EYFS presentation meeting04Oct2022
5:00 pm - 6:00 pm @ Mereside Academy
Mrs Harper is holding an information session at the school for parents and carers of reception pupils. The purpose of this session is to tell you more about the Reception year and to provide you with some insight into your child’s day at school.
- Year 6 Level 1 & 2 Bikeability Training10Oct2022
9:00 am - 13 oct, 2:00 pm @ Mereside Academy
- Belvidere Secondary School Open Morning (Year 6’s)11Oct2022
9:00 am - 10:00 am @ Belvidere Secondary School
A chance for Year 6 Students, parents and carers to view the secondary school. To book a time slot please contact the school