Joining in Reception Year
Choosing a school for your child is one of the biggest decisions you have to make as a parent. Visiting during the school day will help you make that decision allowing you get a feel for whether the atmosphere and way of working is one that would suit your child.
For parents of children starting school in Reception year we offer several dates in the Autumn term each year where parents can book to join a tour of the school. The dates are published on our website calendar. The tours will normally be led by the Head teacher or another Senior Leader who will be happy to answer any questions you have.
For children starting school in other year groups or if you can't make any of the advertised sessions for prospective Reception children's parents or if you would like a further visit having attended a group one we can arrange individual tours of the school. Please contact the school office.
If you would just like to speak to a parent who currently has a child at our academy please contact the office and they will endeavour to put you in touch with someone who can offer you a parents perspective of the academy
Open Evening visits
Visits for parents who will be applying for places for children starting in September 2023
Thursday 20th October 2022 @ 5.00pm
Tuesday 15th November 2022@ 5.00pm
Monday 5th December 2022@ 5.00pm
Parents and carers are also welcome to contact the academy and arrange a visit during the school day. Please either email email@example.com or phone 01743 356283
Joining in Other Year groups or "Mid term" transfers
Please contact the academy and arrange a time to visit with your child or children. If following your visit you would like to join the academy please complete a "mid term" transfer form and return this to the school office. If a place is available your child/ children can start as soon as you wish.
Please note if you child has an EHCP you should contact the SEND team to support you if you need to change schools. The academy will then work with you and the SEND team to provide a smooth transition for your child.
- On Friday 18th November, 2022 we will be raising awareness for ‘Children in Need’. Children can come to school dressed in casual clothes.
- The PTA will be holding a school Disco for all our children. Please view the PTA consent form below for exact details of the event schedule for each year group. The Disco will take place after school on Friday 2nd December, 2022
- We all know that buying Christmas jumpers each year can be quite expensive and they are only worn for such a short period of time. We are looking for donations of Christmas Clothing etc which we can then sell on the playground on the 1st December.
- We would be very grateful if you were able to your donate your unwanted items to school as part of our Bag2school fundraiser. The more they weigh, the more they pay!
- This year for our Harvest Festival Service will take place at St Giles Church on Wednesday 19th October, 2022. Leading up to this date we are going to be collecting items for the Shrewsbury Food Bank.
Latest School Events
- Parent/Carer Open Evening for Reception 2023 Intake05Dec2022
5:00 pm - 6:00 pm @ Mereside Academy
An opportunity for parents/carers of pre-school children due to start school in September 2023, to visit the school. Please contact the school office by phone or email to book your place.
- Shrewsbury College Students Panto Performance of Aladdin for EYFS, Year 1 and 206Dec2022
12:00 am - 1:00 am @ Mereside Academy
- Shrewsbury College Students Panto Performance of Aladdin for Year 307Dec2022
10:30 am - 11:30 am @ Shrewsbury College
- School Christmas Lunch07Dec2022
11:30 am - 1:15 pm @ Mereside Academy
The menu is: Roast Turkey with Chipolatas or Best of British Vegan Sausage (v) served with Stuffing Balls, Roast & Mashed Potatoes, Fresh Carrots, Sprouts & Garden Peas. Followed by Festive Cupcakes or Christmas Shortbread or Fresh Fruit Salad or Yoghurt.
- Shrewsbury College Students Panto Performance of Aladdin for Year 407Dec2022
1:30 pm - 2:30 pm @ Shrewsbury College