Mereside School Association is a successful and long-running PTA where the emphasis is on putting the fun into fundraising!
It organises a range of activities for pupils, parents, teachers and the area at large (such as fetes, school discos etc.) that enrich school life and bring the community together.
All money raised by the PTA is used to enhance your child’s school experience by providing equipment/toys for playtime, books for the library and subsidising school trips. In many other schools parents/carers have to fund these trips themselves, often costing up to £10 a time. In comparison and due to the fundraising efforts of the PTA, most school trips at Mereside cost less than £5.
Mereside School Association would be grateful for any support you can provide. We meet two or three times a term (usually in a local pub!), to discuss fundraising and plan events. If you can’t make the evening meetings then an hour or two of your time to help at events (refreshments, stalls, setting-up, tidying up etc) would be greatly appreciated. We would also love to hear from you if you have any fundraising ideas or skills to offer eg. Face painting, DJ-ing, craft skills, hair braiding etc!
To view the PTA Constitution please use this link: PTA Constitution
- Click on the link below to see some familiar faces demonstrating their skills on the Ukulele as part of the West Midland's Music Service Big Play. Schools all over the region took part in one minute of music and here are the fantastic results!
- We are currently exploring the best way to provide those in receipt of Free School Meals with vouchers. We will NEVER ask you for your bank details, please wait for us to contact you directly. Click on the title for further info on the suspected fraud.
- Please click on the documents attached for advice on how to maintain good mental health during this tricky time and contacts should you require any assistance.
- The Barnabas Community Food Bank are still providing food for those who need it. If you are struggling with providing food for your family, please contact school so that we can refer you to the project. Please contact admin if you require help.
- The tone and content of the statement from the Prime Minister has demonstrated the seriousness of this situation. Please click on the title for the message.
Latest School Events
- Otters Class Swimming Lesson31Mar2020
9:00 am - 10:50 am @ Prestfelde School
Otters Class will be going to Prestfelde School for their weekly swimming lesson.
- Shrewsbury School Games Year 5 & 6 Orienteering Event01Apr2020
12:00 pm - 4:00 pm @ Shrewsbury Sports Village
Some of our Year 5 & 6 children are taking part in this event.
- Year 4 'Bones, Stones & Metals' Performance for Parents & Carers02Apr2020
2:00 pm - 2:45 pm @ Mereside Academy
Parents & Carers of children in Year 4 (Foxes & Pine Martens) are invited to watch their performance of 'Bones, Stones & Metals' to celebrate their learning about the Stone Age, Bronze Age & Iron Age.
- Break up for Easter Holiday03Apr2020
@ Mereside Academy
Last day of the Spring Term.
- PTA Easter Bingo03Apr2020
6:00 pm - 8:00 pm @ Mereside Academy
Easter themed bingo for all the family! Key Stage 2 children who can follow the game themselves can attend unaccompanied whilst Key Stage 1 children will need to be accompanied by a Parent/Carer. Refreshments and 'bingo' dabbers will be available to buy and there will also be a raffle!