Applications to Mereside C of E for Reception Year
The school has an admission number of 60 for the Reception intake in 2020.
To apply for a school place in England in Reception Year, parents in England must apply to their home local authority (Shropshire) even if they are applying for a school place in another part of England. The home local authority will process the application, making contact with other local authorities if appropriate, and inform the applicant of the result.
For further information please click the link to Shropshire Councils admissions webpage where you will find a useful guide for parents:
Applications to Mereside C of E for Other Year Groups
The school's is its own admissions authority but adheres to the principles and criteria of Shropshire Local Authority.
For admissions into year groups other than Reception please contact the school and for further information on criteria see our Admission Policy on our Policies page.
- Enjoy our virtual celebration assembly today. You can even join in with the Mereside song
- Shropshire Council has developed a simple interactive online map to help families find the locations of the supermarkets across the county that accept the Government's free school meal vouchers. Click on the title of this news to access the link.
- The Year 6 Leavers Hoodie is now available to view and order on the School Shop Direct Website. Orders must be made by Friday 8th May, 2020. After this date the hoodie will be removed from their website & no further orders will be accepted.
- Please click on the title to find information on how to keep safe whilst online. This is even more important now our children are accessing the online environment for their remote learning and research.
- Click on the title for contact details of The Parenting Team. They offer advice on how to deal with tricky questions and situations and are a phone call away.
Latest School Events
- Whitsun Half Term Holiday25May2020
@ Mereside Academy
- Return to School01Jun2020
@ Mereside Academy
- Primary Schools' Shrewsbury Half Marathon06Jun2020
9:00 am - 11:00 am @ Shropshire County Showground
Some of our children will be running the final 1.1 mile to complete the Primary Schools' Challenge of running 13.1 miles for the Shrewsbury Half Marathon.