Applications to Mereside C of E for Reception Year
The school has an admission number of 60 for the Reception intake in 2023.
To apply for a school place in England in Reception Year, parents in England must apply to their home local authority (Shropshire) even if they are applying for a school place in another part of England. The home local authority will process the application, making contact with other local authorities if appropriate, and inform the applicant of the result. The deadline for the application is 15th January 2023.
For further information please click the link to Shropshire Councils admissions webpage where you will find a useful guide for parents:
Applications to Mereside C of E for Other Year Groups
The academy is its own admissions authority but adheres to the principles and criteria of Shropshire Local Authority.
For admissions into year groups other than Reception please contact the academy and for further information on criteria see our Admission Policy on our Policies page.
Please see our current admission policy for our oversubscription criteria.
Appeals Procedures and Timetables
If we are unable to offer a place in a Year Group for a mid-term admission then you will be informed in writing. You may appeal against this decision. Please follow the link below to see how to appeal and the timetable for appeals.
If your child is in Reception year and you are unhappy with the allocation of school place then please also follow the link below for how to appeal and the timetable for appeals.
- On Friday 18th November, 2022 we will be raising awareness for ‘Children in Need’. Children can come to school dressed in casual clothes.
- The PTA will be holding a school Disco for all our children. Please view the PTA consent form below for exact details of the event schedule for each year group. The Disco will take place after school on Friday 2nd December, 2022
- We all know that buying Christmas jumpers each year can be quite expensive and they are only worn for such a short period of time. We are looking for donations of Christmas Clothing etc which we can then sell on the playground on the 1st December.
- We would be very grateful if you were able to your donate your unwanted items to school as part of our Bag2school fundraiser. The more they weigh, the more they pay!
- This year for our Harvest Festival Service will take place at St Giles Church on Wednesday 19th October, 2022. Leading up to this date we are going to be collecting items for the Shrewsbury Food Bank.
Latest School Events
- Parent/Carer Open Evening for Reception 2023 Intake05Dec2022
5:00 pm - 6:00 pm @ Mereside Academy
An opportunity for parents/carers of pre-school children due to start school in September 2023, to visit the school. Please contact the school office by phone or email to book your place.
- Shrewsbury College Students Panto Performance of Aladdin for EYFS, Year 1 and 206Dec2022
12:00 am - 1:00 am @ Mereside Academy
- Shrewsbury College Students Panto Performance of Aladdin for Year 307Dec2022
10:30 am - 11:30 am @ Shrewsbury College
- School Christmas Lunch07Dec2022
11:30 am - 1:15 pm @ Mereside Academy
The menu is: Roast Turkey with Chipolatas or Best of British Vegan Sausage (v) served with Stuffing Balls, Roast & Mashed Potatoes, Fresh Carrots, Sprouts & Garden Peas. Followed by Festive Cupcakes or Christmas Shortbread or Fresh Fruit Salad or Yoghurt.
- Shrewsbury College Students Panto Performance of Aladdin for Year 407Dec2022
1:30 pm - 2:30 pm @ Shrewsbury College