Applications to Mereside C of E for Reception Year
The school has an admission number of 60 for the Reception intake in 2022.
To apply for a school place in England in Reception Year, parents in England must apply to their home local authority (Shropshire) even if they are applying for a school place in another part of England. The home local authority will process the application, making contact with other local authorities if appropriate, and inform the applicant of the result. The deadline for the application is 15th January 2022.
For further information please click the link to Shropshire Councils admissions webpage where you will find a useful guide for parents:
Applications to Mereside C of E for Other Year Groups
The school's is its own admissions authority but adheres to the principles and criteria of Shropshire Local Authority.
For admissions into year groups other than Reception please contact the school and for further information on criteria see our Admission Policy on our Policies page.
Please see our current admission policy for our oversubscription criteria.
Appeals Procedures and Timetables
If we are unable to offer a place in a Year Group for a mid-term admission then you will be informed in writing. You may appeal against this decision. Please follow the link below to see how to appeal and the timetable for appeals.
If your child is in Reception year and you are unhappy with the allocation of school place then please also follow the link below for how to appeal and the timetable for appeals.
- All Welcome...
- All Welcome...
- Are you able to help run an after school club? From orienteering to origami, we want to hear from you....
- On Monday 15th November, children came to school in odd socks in support of Anti Bullying Week and also made some posters in class of `kind words’. We sold all of our `one kind word’ wrist bands and were able to donate the remaining £40.61 to the charity.
- Our next meeting will be held Monday 24th January at 7.45pm, this will be our AGM. Everyone is welcome to attend the virtual meeting. If you wish to join this meeting, please contact Sarah (PTA Chair) on 07972-724258 who will forward you the link.
Latest School Events
- Tempest Photography - individual and sibling photos03Oct2022
9:00 am - 1:00 pm @ Mereside Academy
- PTA Annual General Meeting (AGM)03Oct2022
7:30 pm - 8:30 pm @ The White Horse Pub, Welock Road
Please come along to meet the committee and see what we have fundraised over 2021/2022....We would love to see you!
- Welcome to EYFS presentation meeting04Oct2022
5:00 pm - 6:00 pm @ Mereside Academy
Mrs Harper is holding an information session at the school for parents and carers of reception pupils. The purpose of this session is to tell you more about the Reception year and to provide you with some insight into your child’s day at school.
- Year 6 Level 1 & 2 Bikeability Training10Oct2022
9:00 am - 13 oct, 2:00 pm @ Mereside Academy
- Belvidere Secondary School Open Morning (Year 6’s)11Oct2022
9:00 am - 10:00 am @ Belvidere Secondary School
A chance for Year 6 Students, parents and carers to view the secondary school. To book a time slot please contact the school