Have you been set some research homework by your teacher? Do you know where to look? Below are a number of websites which have helpful information for you to read through. There are also revision websites so you can make sure you are ready for any tests that are going on in school.
This website is packed with information about all things Geographic and Scientific. Take a look at country profiles, see stunning images of jungles or watch videos of penguins in their natural habitat.
The Science Museum has a great section with information about different subjects like transport, computers and more. There are also links to different objects in the museum, as well as the latest science news.
The Natural History Museum has a kids section with lots of information on dinosaurs, as well as other living things. Watch the museum's live webcams and flesh-eating beetles live at work!
Use this website to help when revising for any tests in English, Maths or Science. Aimed at Years 3, 4, 5 and 6. It has lots of games and activities to help you learn what you need to, when you need to.
For year 1 and 2 to revise and practise their learning. Also great for older pupils who want to make sure they have the basics. There are English and Maths activities on here as well as games.
Newsround is a BBC News website for children. There are lots of videos and articles to help you keep up-to-date on what is going on in the world around you. Sections include sport, entertainment, animals and news.
NOTE: While we have taken time to pick out websites that we see suitable and safe for our children, Mereside CE Primary School is not responsible for the content found on these sites.
Use the links below to access our two most popular learning platforms
Lots more to explore below!
The Body Coach- Free exercise videos on his youtube site.
Lots of exercise ideas and PE sessions.
CLPE website- Authors reading their books aloud!
Whilst you are creating your new book why not illustrate it too?
Sign up for free! Great maths, spelling and grammar resources.
Excellent problem of the day and guidance for home learning.
Brilliant site for inspiration and Live Lessons.
Free phonics resources for March- Username- march20 Password- home
A whole world of free ebooks!
Excellent site for a physical challenge- FREE to register!
Weekly science news clips with an access guide to gather your thoughts and responses to events.
Great inspiration for exploring our amazing planet!
A great place for book inspiration and fun!
A good old fashioned game of strategy!
Plenty of Poetry and Prose!
Lots of fun educational games for you to enjoy.
Maths Games for Kids.
An amazing resource for history.
Fun activities and games to help you learn about the natural world!
Nature Detective activities and information about the countryside around you.
Excellent maths investigations and challenges!
Lots of fun and challenging maths activities!
Lots of resources for different subjects!
Times table trainer.
Activities around being green.
Great fun educational games!
Get racing these frogs!!
Great nature activities.
Excellent coding resource.
A classic memory game!
Good fun game to help counting and turn taking.
Amazing art resources.
Early maths activities.
Wild and wonderful nature activities.
- Click on the link below to see some familiar faces demonstrating their skills on the Ukulele as part of the West Midland's Music Service Big Play. Schools all over the region took part in one minute of music and here are the fantastic results!
- We are currently exploring the best way to provide those in receipt of Free School Meals with vouchers. We will NEVER ask you for your bank details, please wait for us to contact you directly. Click on the title for further info on the suspected fraud.
- Please click on the documents attached for advice on how to maintain good mental health during this tricky time and contacts should you require any assistance.
- The Barnabas Community Food Bank are still providing food for those who need it. If you are struggling with providing food for your family, please contact school so that we can refer you to the project. Please contact admin if you require help.
- The tone and content of the statement from the Prime Minister has demonstrated the seriousness of this situation. Please click on the title for the message.
Latest School Events
- Otters Class Swimming Lesson31Mar2020
9:00 am - 10:50 am @ Prestfelde School
Otters Class will be going to Prestfelde School for their weekly swimming lesson.
- Shrewsbury School Games Year 5 & 6 Orienteering Event01Apr2020
12:00 pm - 4:00 pm @ Shrewsbury Sports Village
Some of our Year 5 & 6 children are taking part in this event.
- Year 4 'Bones, Stones & Metals' Performance for Parents & Carers02Apr2020
2:00 pm - 2:45 pm @ Mereside Academy
Parents & Carers of children in Year 4 (Foxes & Pine Martens) are invited to watch their performance of 'Bones, Stones & Metals' to celebrate their learning about the Stone Age, Bronze Age & Iron Age.
- Break up for Easter Holiday03Apr2020
@ Mereside Academy
Last day of the Spring Term.
- PTA Easter Bingo03Apr2020
6:00 pm - 8:00 pm @ Mereside Academy
Easter themed bingo for all the family! Key Stage 2 children who can follow the game themselves can attend unaccompanied whilst Key Stage 1 children will need to be accompanied by a Parent/Carer. Refreshments and 'bingo' dabbers will be available to buy and there will also be a raffle!