Mereside CE Primary
Our school was formed in September 2009 by the amalgamation of two adjoining schools; Springfield Infant School and Holy Cross Church of England Junior School. The name of the school reflects our location adjacent to the mere, and this theme continues in our school logo, designed with input from the children, which contains a swan together with a cross.
The original vision and values of the school were reviewed by all members of the school community in 2015.
Our Vision for the future:
Mereside CE Primary will be at the heart of its local community, providing an outstanding education built on Christian Values which inspires our children and develops the skills and understanding needed to be lifelong learners.
Firstly a Christian perspective on how we would like to live our life as a school ( This lovely thought to meditate upon was given to us by Mrs Rosalind Abbot, Lay Reader at our parish church, St Giles):
“God gives of his very best to us, and the only response we can make is to give of our very best to Him, in every aspect of our lives; in all the work we do, all the contacts we have with people, and in our care for everything and everyone around us. By trying to live up to his ways we live up to being the extraordinary people he created us to be."
Central to our school is the Christian value of love
We take inspiration from the words of Jesus :( John 13:34) “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. ”
We strive to achieve this through:
Respect, Compassion, Perseverance and Honesty in all that we do.
Our motto :
"Live to learn, learn to live"
Our Mission Statements (how we will achieve our vision):
- Offering a broad, rich curriculum in a supportive environment, that develops the skills and attributes needed for lifelong learning in all our children
- Becoming a centre of excellence with high expectations and standards which parents, pupils and staff are happy to belong to
- Celebrating our foundation through collective worship that is distinctively Christian but inspires and includes people of different faiths and none
- Being a welcoming, safe, friendly place that is child centered and fun, where uniqueness is valued and celebrated
- Preparing our children to play a full, independent and active role as good world citizens
- Becoming a focal point for the whole community, building strong cohesive links with our families, church, local area and wider community
- Alzheimer's Society Fundraising Day - Update
'Well done' & 'Thank you' to our Year 6 girls who organised the cake sale & non-uniform day in aid of the Alzheimer's Society. A fantastic £351.48 has been raised.
- Alzheimer's Society Fundraising Day
Some of our Year 6 Girls are holding a cake sale on Wednesday 19th June for Alzheimer's Society. Children can come to school dressed in white and blue clothing for a donation of £1. If you do not wish to donate, please come dressed in school uniform.
- PTA School Discos - Update
'Thank you' To everyone who supported the discos which took place on Friday 17th May. Both discos were very well attended with a record amount of £786.06 being raised for school funds.
- Guide Dogs for the Blind Charity Cake Sale - Update
Well done & thank you to the Year 6 children who organised a cake sale on Wednesday 15th May; a fantastic £50.00 has been raised for the charity.
- Guide Dogs for the Blind Charity Cake Sale
On Wednesday 15th May, 2019 some of our Year 6 children are holding a cake sale. Cakes will be on sale at morning break for a minimum donation of 20p per cake. We would be very grateful if donations of cakes can be brought in to school.
Latest School Events
- Badgers Class Swimming Lesson17Sep2019
9:00 am - 10:45 am @ Prestfelde School
Badgers Class will be going to Prestfelde School for their weekly swimming lesson.
- Meole Brace Secondary School Morning Tours17Sep2019
9:15 am - 20 sep, 11:00 am @ Meole Brace Secondary School
Morning tours for Year 6 pupils, their parents/carers and families to have a look around the school. Tours are by appointment only; to book a tour please contact Meole Brace School, 01743 235961.
- Year 2 Arthog Outreach Team Building Activities Day18Sep2019
@ Mereside School
As part of our outdoor education development, Arthog Outreach will be in school running team building & problem solving activities with our Year 2 children.
- Meole Brace Secondary School Open Evening18Sep2019
5:30 pm - 8:00 pm @ Meole Brace Secondary School
An opportunity for our Year 6 pupils, their Parents/Carers and families to have a look around the school.
- PTA AGM Meeting18Sep2019
7:00 pm - 9:00 pm @ Mereside School
This meeting is open to all parents/carers who would like to share ideas and help raise funds for the school. Please come along; everyone welcome!