How will my child learn best?
We believe children learn best when learning is fun, involved, active and exploratory, and where confidence is inspired and success is praised.
The following statements are given top priority by our staff in teaching and learning within the school so that children will:
- Acquire a sense of well-being and concern for others.
- Acquire the key concepts and modes of enquiry associated with the different areas of the curriculum.
- Build upon their own success.
- Be enabled to use a range of materials and equipment in planned and progressive ways.
- Establish positive attitudes towards learning including being comfortable to make mistakes
- Be required to listen, talk about and record their experiences with increasing understanding.
There are many other important factors for learning and it is recognised that they interact with and support each other.
At Mereside Church of England Primary School the planned curriculum gives all children access to the same range of learning experiences. Every child is an important and valued individual, and every effort is made to provide for each of our pupils.
At our school all of our children are treated as equal regardless of age, race, background, gender and attainment.
- Alzheimer's Society Fundraising Day - Update
'Well done' & 'Thank you' to our Year 6 girls who organised the cake sale & non-uniform day in aid of the Alzheimer's Society. A fantastic £351.48 has been raised.
- Alzheimer's Society Fundraising Day
Some of our Year 6 Girls are holding a cake sale on Wednesday 19th June for Alzheimer's Society. Children can come to school dressed in white and blue clothing for a donation of £1. If you do not wish to donate, please come dressed in school uniform.
- PTA School Discos - Update
'Thank you' To everyone who supported the discos which took place on Friday 17th May. Both discos were very well attended with a record amount of £786.06 being raised for school funds.
- Guide Dogs for the Blind Charity Cake Sale - Update
Well done & thank you to the Year 6 children who organised a cake sale on Wednesday 15th May; a fantastic £50.00 has been raised for the charity.
- Guide Dogs for the Blind Charity Cake Sale
On Wednesday 15th May, 2019 some of our Year 6 children are holding a cake sale. Cakes will be on sale at morning break for a minimum donation of 20p per cake. We would be very grateful if donations of cakes can be brought in to school.
Latest School Events
- Badgers Class Swimming Lesson17Sep2019
9:00 am - 10:45 am @ Prestfelde School
Badgers Class will be going to Prestfelde School for their weekly swimming lesson.
- Meole Brace Secondary School Morning Tours17Sep2019
9:15 am - 20 sep, 11:00 am @ Meole Brace Secondary School
Morning tours for Year 6 pupils, their parents/carers and families to have a look around the school. Tours are by appointment only; to book a tour please contact Meole Brace School, 01743 235961.
- Year 2 Arthog Outreach Team Building Activities Day18Sep2019
@ Mereside School
As part of our outdoor education development, Arthog Outreach will be in school running team building & problem solving activities with our Year 2 children.
- Meole Brace Secondary School Open Evening18Sep2019
5:30 pm - 8:00 pm @ Meole Brace Secondary School
An opportunity for our Year 6 pupils, their Parents/Carers and families to have a look around the school.
- PTA AGM Meeting18Sep2019
7:00 pm - 9:00 pm @ Mereside School
This meeting is open to all parents/carers who would like to share ideas and help raise funds for the school. Please come along; everyone welcome!