How will my child learn best?
We believe children learn best when learning is fun, involved, active and exploratory, and where confidence is inspired and success is praised.
The following statements are given top priority by our staff in teaching and learning within the school so that children will:
- Acquire a sense of well-being and concern for others.
- Acquire the key concepts and modes of enquiry associated with the different areas of the curriculum.
- Build upon their own success.
- Be enabled to use a range of materials and equipment in planned and progressive ways.
- Establish positive attitudes towards learning including being comfortable to make mistakes
- Be required to listen, talk about and record their experiences with increasing understanding.
There are many other important factors for learning and it is recognised that they interact with and support each other.
At Mereside Church of England Primary School the planned curriculum gives all children access to the same range of learning experiences. Every child is an important and valued individual, and every effort is made to provide for each of our pupils.
At our school all of our children are treated as equal regardless of age, race, background, gender and attainment.
- Alzheimer's Society Fundraising Day
Some of our Year 6 Girls are holding a cake sale on Wednesday 19th June for Alzheimer's Society. Children can come to school dressed in white and blue clothing for a donation of £1. If you do not wish to donate, please come dressed in school uniform.
- PTA School Discos - Update
'Thank you' To everyone who supported the discos which took place on Friday 17th May. Both discos were very well attended with a record amount of £786.06 being raised for school funds.
- Guide Dogs for the Blind Charity Cake Sale - Update
Well done & thank you to the Year 6 children who organised a cake sale on Wednesday 15th May; a fantastic £50.00 has been raised for the charity.
- Guide Dogs for the Blind Charity Cake Sale
On Wednesday 15th May, 2019 some of our Year 6 children are holding a cake sale. Cakes will be on sale at morning break for a minimum donation of 20p per cake. We would be very grateful if donations of cakes can be brought in to school.
- U11 Boys Football Finalists!
Huge congratulations to our U11 Boys football team for reaching the final of the Shrewsbury Severn Cup. The final will be played at the Shrewsbury Town Football Club Stadium on Friday 10th May, 2019. Kick off at 3.00pm. Good luck boys!
Latest School Events
- Foxes Class Swimming Lesson18Jun2019
9:00 am - 10:50 am @ Prestfelde School
Foxes Class will be going to Prestfelde School for their weekly swimming lesson.
- Year 5 Arthog Outreach Outdoor & Adventurous Activity Day - Group Three18Jun2019
@ Grinshill, Clive
Some of our Year 5 children are taking part in some outdoor adventurous activities, such as rock climbing, with Arthog Outreach.
- Alzheimer's Society Fundraising Day19Jun2019
@ Mereside School
Some of our Year 6 Girls are holding a cake sale on the playground at morning break (minimum donation of 20p). In addition to the cake sale children can come to school dressed in white and blue clothing for a donation of £1. If you do not wish to donate £1 please come dressed in normal school uniform.
- September 2019 New Intake Welcome Meeting19Jun2019
2:00 pm - 3:00 pm @ Mereside School
Welcome meeting for Parents/Carers of children starting school in September 2019.
- Shrewsbury School Games KS1 School Games Day20Jun2019
9:30 am - 2:00 pm @ Prestfelde School
Some of our Year 2 children are taking part in a variety of sporting events